Thursday, April 7, 2011

Holy week, Time for reflection, Time for contemplation.


Gee, if I reflect on my life right now…the last thing I would want to be is being confused once again. I always get lost whenever I reflect on what’s happening in my life.

I just have this in mind: Memories will come and go…But those that moved you will never fade away…It will definitely make you smile… Ayieee!!!
(Serious Mode)
2003, I was a member of the student council way back in college.
I was not a hardcore student. But luckily, sometimes I get some 90-95 grades…sweetest grades I’ve ever had. But I also have some 77 hahaha…silly me. But when it comes to literature subject I find myself trapped in a child-like amazement as I was listening to my professor that time. Mr. Perez.
I never liked reading until I found some interesting writings.
I never wrote a story. Not merely because I don’t know how to…
But maybe because I easily get carried away whenever I tried to start writing one. I always end up not finishing what I have attempted to write.

Within our department, there were only 6 girls enrolled, most of us were having that great bond with the Dean’s Secretary that time and as a member of the council, I enjoy the benefit of staying within the Dean’s office.

One time I was arranging the files, trying to make myself productive after some classes held at the lab just behind the Dean’s office. I found this piece of paper inserted in some folders of senior students. It was just a plain short bond paper, but the story made a huge impact in my whole being as a person. I never knew the title of that story until now that it’s 2011.

The best thing about not having a work is that you have all the time in the world.
I don’t want to end up embodying the quote “Idle hands are the devil’s playground”…
(Gee if the devil finds me doing nothing, Oh My Gee, he will find a perfect advocate. Hehehe kiddin’!!!Chill out!!!)
Good thing that I have something to fill up my time--- digging on my sister’s books and found one with the title  “Feature, Editorial and Opinion Writing” by Alito L. Malinao. Because of that book, now I know the title of that story.

True Vision.
It is said in that book that the author of the story is unknown. And his sister emailed the story to the author from L.A., California, with the request to share it with others.
Even Alito doesn’t know whether the story is true or apocryphal. But he said in the book that he would appreciate if the story were shared.

Sorry, but every time I hear, or read the word “share” I really can’t help it but to do so.

Here goes:

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man is allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluids in his lungs. His bed was next to the room’s only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke on their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their military service, where they spend their vacation. And every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man on the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world is broadened and enlivened by all the activities and the color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every colors of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscapes, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room could close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn’t hear the band—he could see it in his mind’s eyes as the gentleman by the window described it with colorful words.

Days and weeks passed. One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendant to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside. Finally, he said to himself, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself. He strained slowly to look out the window. It faced a blanked wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled the deceased roommate to describe such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, “Perhaps, he just wanted to encourage you.”

Epilogue: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow but happiness, when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things that you have that money can’t buy. “Today is a gift from God, that’s why it is called present.” (End of story)

As I was scribing this story, I was literally having goose bumps.

Alito Malinao had an Easter Sunday wish for his reader…
A prayer by a French Monk: “Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

And that really made me have that great smile in my face as I was typing this “whatever you want to call this” thing. Because, for the first time I have managed to finish what I want to tell…

And since he had his own wish for his readers, I also have mine for my friends around here…

I’ll always be wishing you a happy lifetime of the very best in music, love, hope, inspiration, friendship and faith...
Do what you love to do...Do what makes you happy...Never ever let anybody or anything pull you down...Have fun. Enjoy life...live your life to the fullest...Live your dreams...Never stop believing!!!! Yihee!!Cheers for the love of life :)
Hugs!!!!
Chryss

p.s
I was not really into blogging.
I just have the need to do this to escape boredom.
If you want to ask anything…except money… (I don’t have spare hehehe)
Channel 25 said…
The most important thing is to never stop asking questions.

If you find anything wrong, grammatical errors… or anything….
TELL IT TO ME “DIRECTLY”:)

have your own share of happiness...
umwwwaaaahhhh










No comments:

Post a Comment